heading
Home Page

beer
beds
beds
contact

A Georgian property, the pub first appears in Trade Directories for 1870 when Charles Milne was tenant. For many years the pub was the meeting place of Lodge 28 of the Nottingham Oddfellows Friendly Society, one of two lodges in the village. Edgar Daniels was tenant from 1925 until well into the 1960s and was in situ when, in the 1930s, a lion from a visiting circus was encaged in the garden.
Troops were billeted here during World War II.

These days instead of a lion in the large gardens to the rear, you are likely to spot an army of petanque players throwing their balls about. Inside the free function room provides a venue for private functions and a meeting place for local groups and societies.

The optics behind the bar may not be the only spirits in the pub as there have been numerous reports of ghostly figures and paranormal activity. For more information hit the ghosts button.

red lion